[bksvol-discuss] Re: new wish list fiction requests

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 16:56:04 -0700

Hi, I suppose then you would be hedging your bets. I've read Asimov's
Mysteries and the stories were structured like mystery puzzle stories. I
think Mr. Asimov enjoyed writing about anything that appealed to the
rational abilities of people to solve problems, and mysteries often appeal
to the wish to solve problems or find closure. Of course, he also wrote the
Azazel stories. Was he dabbling into the fantastic ever so slightly? H'mm!
Decisions, decisions ... Everyone comes up against quandaries, and if you or
I owned a bookstore, there would be books which might cause us considerable
perplexity. (In my case, Roger, I doubt I'd own a bookstore, having no
ambition and lacking business sense. I'd probably visit the bookstore,
wander around, and if I had 20-20 vision, I'd probably be sitting on the
floor leafing through books and you'd have a hard time getting rid of me,
due to the likely occurrence of my getting lost in a book.) I think if you
had business sense, you'd probably be successful in running your bookstore.
Regards and happy hair-splitting (smile), Kim.

  _____

From: Kim Friedman <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: request
To: "'Cindy'" <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, July 13, 2009, 1:10 PM

Hi, Cindy, I saw to my delight that the first two books in the Study series
by Maria V. Snyder, i.e., Poison Study and Magic Study are in the Bookshare
collection. Did you know that Ms. Snyder has written a third book in the
Study series, i.e., fire Study? I confess I heard the first book on XM
satellite
radio and had help downloading the other two books in the Study series. I
can assure you they are interesting. Another author you might like to add to
the Bookshare collection is Deanna Raybourn. I mention this for the benefit
of other people. They may like these books. (Since I've joined audible.com,
I plan to have help downloading unabridged stuff that isn't available
anywhere else.) Also, do you have plans to add all the other books in the
Dark series,
the Leopard series, and the seventh book in the Drake Sisters series by
Christine Feehan? Yeah, Cindy, my completist soul is yammering at me again.
C'est
la vie. Take care and best regards, Kim, quiet kibitzer and Bookshare fan.

database 4240 (20090713) __________

http://www.eset.com

block quote end

database 4242 (20090714) __________

http://www.eset.com

database 4242 (20090714) __________

http://www.eset.com

**************
An Excellent Credit Score is 750. See Yours in Just 2 Easy Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221323036x1201367247/aol?redir=htt
p://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=JulyExc
footerNO62)

database 4243 (20090714) __________

http://www.eset.com

Performance you need and the value you want! Check out great laptop deals
from Dell!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1223081934x1201714279/aol?redir=htt
p:%2F%2Faltfarm.mediaplex.com%2Fad%2Fck%2F12309%2D81939%2D1629%2D4)

database 4244 (20090715) __________

http://www.eset.com