[bksvol-discuss] Re: new volunteer with some validating questions

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 21:47:33 -0800 (PST)

Unfortunately, none of my libraries has the book, or I
could get it and provide both the proper spelling and
missing pages for you.

The customer reviews on Amazon are highly positive, so
I'm a bit surprised the libraries don't have it.

G.Cindy

--- Christine Parsons
<christine-parsons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Booksharians,
>
> My name is Christine. I've been a member of
> Bookshare for a few years now, but I just recently
> signed up to be a volunteer. I'm in college, so I
> don't often have a lot of extra time, but with
> winter break fast approaching, I'll be able to do a
> lot of scanning and validating. I downloaded my
> first book to validate tonight. It's Dark Pacific:
> Final Fathom by David E. Meadows. The scan is
> virtually perfect, which makes things really easy,
> but I do have a few basic questions. I'll start with
> the easiest one. I have never read a book by this
> author before, so I am unfamiliar with the proper
> spellings of his characters' names. Does anyone know
> if one of the character's names is Mary
> Showdernitzel or Mary Showdemitzel? The scan shows
> it both ways, and the perfectionist that I am, I
> want to get it right. Next, I am fairly sure that
> the book is divided into chapters because there is a
> "chapter 1" and "chapter 2" title, but after that,
> there are no more chapter titles. Finally, there is
> one place near the beginning of the book where I
> think there is a page or part of a page missing. If
> anyone on the list can help me resolve these issues,
> or if the submitter is on this list and could
> contact me, that would be wonderful, because as I
> said, this scan is nearly perfect otherwise and has
> so far been very enjoyable as my first validating
> effort.
>
> Christine

at
http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/