[bksvol-discuss] Re: new volunteer

  • From: Scott Rains <scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 16:50:15 -0700

The process has changed a bit since Roger started.

An assigned book is a book on the Checkout Queue with your name in the
title line after "Hold for." Rick Costa prepares or selects a Level 2 or 3
book as the first book of yours that will go live into the collection.

After successfully completing the training books a new volunteer will
receive a letter congratulating them and inviting them to locate their
training book on the Checkout Queue. In our new system these volunteers
will have proofed two books but they will not yet have intersected with
the Checkout Queue. So before the  new volunteer can check out their first
book they will need some guidance on how to do that.

Rick Costa is writing the instruction sheet on how to do that. We could
also use 2-3 experienced volunteers who would agree to mentor new
volunteers on the process of using the Checkout Queue. Anyone interested?

Scott Rains

Scott Rains