[bksvol-discuss] new submissions

  • From: Noel Romey <ner@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 22:50:03 -0500

Hi guys,
I've been busy scanning this week in times where I should be doing school work. So ...

First:
Deception Point By Dan Brown
This completes the Dan Brown collection. The only book without an excellent quality rating is Digital Fortress. From the little of what I read, this book is pretty neat. He wrote it just before The Da Vincci Code. Its about a supposed meteorite that could prove life exists outside Earth and could also save Nasa. Its a typical Dan Brown political conspiracy book, very cool.

McCarthy's Bar by Pete McCarthy
A very funny travel book about Pete McCarthy's trip around western Ireland. The Irish are just too funny let me tell you.

In The Presence of Mine Enemies by Harry Tutledove
What if the Nazis had won World War II? What would it be like in the 21st century. That's what this book is about and its a story about a network of secretive Jews living in Germany.

The Course of Empire by Eric Flint and K.D. Wentworth
Earth is taken over by alien Jao. Can the Jao band together with humans to keep a solar system wide genocide from happening.

Also not validated yet, two other books by Harry Turtledove, Ruled Britania and The Victorious Opposition

I'm getting tomorrow Cryptonomicon and Quicksilver by Neal Stephenson so expect those 900 page books probably in a week or so.

Have fun guys.  Now I shall start reading these books :).
See the synopses in the submissions for more details.

Ner

Noel Romey Arkansas, USA View my insights at my live journal: http://djner.livejournal.com