[bksvol-discuss] Re: need book to proof

  • From: "Regina Alvarado" <reggie.alvarado@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 16:40:28 -0400

Hello all:

Is there anyone who has finished scanning a book who needs a proofer?  I
would like anything on animals, history, fiction, romance, mystery and
thrillers, nonfiction biography or events.  All that is on without a hold is
religion.  Alternatively, is there anyone who would let me have one of their
holds?

Another problem.  I downloaded what I think is a textbook Priority TX Health
and Wellness.  I tried to make it into a .doc file, which I normally do as I
have Word 2003 and it will not open in my BN.  When I opened it on the BN it
gave me a message stating "Ipad converter does not recognize this as a word
2007."  I think it was scanned on a later Word.  Can someone pick it up and
proof? It looks like it was priority.  I intended to spend tonight and
tomorrow proofing.  Instead I had to download something about shells Shelley
scanned.  Hoping it has pic descriptions as I wonder if it is one of the
books that people are working on for descriptions.  I cannot help with this.
If it is not described and was only let go back to download because of this,
can someone let me know, please before I get too far.  Appreciate much!

Reggie

Thanks for any help anyone can give me on any of these problems.

  _____