[bksvol-discuss] Re: my two cents worth so far on proofreadingRE: Re: questions please and thank you delete if don't like how I write.

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 01:10:28 -0800

Hi, Gwen, so far I'm doing stuff I like. I've been hesitant of doing a lot
of proofreading because of all those downloaded files on my BrailleNote that
I haven't read yet for my own amusement. So here I am with one more book.
What is this? I have to proofread a book with a deadline hanging over my
head in order to get the job done? (disgusted feeling) Actually, I know
those other books are there for me, but so far I haven't proofread anything
I hate. After all I agreed to do it, and if one agrees to something, one
should stick it out and finish what one starts, unless one tells the other
person: "I don't want to read any more of this book." I'm thinking if I fell
asleep every time I tried to go through the thing, I'd release it, hoping
somebody else will give it a good going-over. If I hated it, I probably
wouldn't be reading it in the first place. (The only times one is stuck with
that is if one is doing a class assignment and the turgid thing is the
required book or article. Regards, the still inexperienced but progressing
Kim.

  _____