[bksvol-discuss] my daughter made me scan this

  • From: "Sheri Wells-Jensen" <swellsj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 22:19:49 -0400

Heaven help me, I've just submitted the novelization of a very terrible movie: the newest Barbie movie called Mermaidia. OK, maybe it's not so so so so bad: it's got fairies and mermaids and all the things a 6-8 year old girl loves, but mercy! i pity the person who had to write the thing. It reads a little jerkily, but I don't *think* there are missing pages. It's just that sort of tossed-together book. I mention it here in case there are other little girls just absolutely dying to read this. It apparently just came out: she actually wanted to read it so bad she spent her allowance on it! I would have been dying to read it when I was that age I admit. Think of it as training material for Tolkeion! :)

My 6.5 year old has the print book; I scanned it so I could help her with the hard words, so if anyone on the list gets it and wants to check something, I can probably work that out.
Um... may you all get in touch with your true selves and grow frilly pink fairy wings and twirl around in the air with your butterfly friends and then, when dusk falls, go sweetly to sleep cradled in the petals of the flower of your choice... :)

Peace and cute little girls,
Sheri