[bksvol-discuss] Re: much better than fair -- A new feature suggestion

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 20:00:08 -0500 (EST)

Guido

I like both of your ideas relative to the submission quality assessment as
well as that related to adult content.
While the experienced user using a package such as K1K may be able to
accurately gauge the confidence rating of the book, it sort of puts the
cassual or beginning submitter in a pickle.
Let the software provide the guidance which the submitter can choose to
accept or override.
Similarily, the system ought to alert the submitter that a category for
the book hasn't been provided.
While I don't think requiring a category assignment ought to be mandatory
as some books may not fit one, the submitter ought to be prompted at least
once reminding them of the fact they might have overlooked this item.