[bksvol-discuss] Re: more recently (later at night) updated boks-being-scanned list pdated 7/30/09

  • From: Melissa Smith <mdsmith25@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2009 15:54:17 -0500

Cindy, you'd only do the <br> where you wanted a line break. So, assuming you're keeping title, author, scanner on the same line, you'd only need to do it after the scanner's name.

Melissa

Cindy wrote:
hmmm. I'm a word (person (lower case) but I guess I can try. WOuld I do the <br> at the very end of the line, or would I haae to do it after each section as you and Jamie show, i.e., after title, authot, scanner, etc.

Cindy

Wish List (i.e.., books wanted added to the collection) and books-being-scanned list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List: https://wiki.benetech.org/display/BSO/Books+Being+Scanned+List

            From: Jamie Yates, CPhT <mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx>
            Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: more recently (later at
            night) updated boks-being-scanned list pdated 7/30/09
            To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
            Date: Friday, July 31, 2009, 7:33 PM

            A text file using your own html instead of using Word to
            save it as an htm file will take up lots less space.
            It's pretty simple html. A <P> is a paragraph return (two
            lines) and a <br> is like a single line break (one line).
            You'd do it like this:
            Date <p>
            Books being scanned <br>
            Name of book 1 - author <br>
            Name of book 2 - author <br>
            And then you just save it as a text file. I doubt we need
            anything fancier than that.

-- Jamie in Michigan
            Currently Reading: The Curse of the Holy Pail by Sue Ann
            Jaffarian
            See everything I've read this year at:
            www.michrxtech.com/books.html
            <http://www.michrxtech.com/books.html>