[bksvol-discuss] Re: more recently (later at night) updated boks-being-scanned list pdated 7/30/09

  • From: Melissa Smith <mdsmith25@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2009 06:40:05 -0500

The problem with Cindy putting the heading and closing tags is that those already exist on the bookshare site that Pavi is putting the list on and them being in Cindy's file would break the code. Otherwise, yes, it is very simple.

Melissa

Bob wrote:
Well, no. Jamie oversimplifies a bit.
Firstly, the file needs to have the extension of .html. There is also some computerese that needs to go at the top and bottom of the file. Here's how your file would look:
<head>
</head>
Date <p>
Books being scanned <br>
Name of book 1 - author <br>
Name of book 2 - author <br>
But, it really is very simple. Thanks.
Bob
"A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain."
        From: Jamie Yates, CPhT <mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx>
        updated boks-being-scanned list pdated 7/30/09
        To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Date: Friday, July 31, 2009, 7:33 PM

        A text file using your own html instead of using Word to save
        it as an htm file will take up lots less space.
        It's pretty simple html. A <P> is a paragraph return (two
        lines) and a <br> is like a single line break (one line).
        You'd do it like this:
        Date <p>
        Books being scanned <br>
        Name of book 1 - author <br>
        Name of book 2 - author <br>
        And then you just save it as a text file. I doubt we need
        anything fancier than that.

-- Jamie in Michigan
        Currently Reading: The Curse of the Holy Pail by Sue Ann Jaffarian
        See everything I've read this year at:
        www.michrxtech.com/books.html
        <http://www.michrxtech.com/books.html>