[bksvol-discuss] meeting of Christian Fiction Book Club Tonight

  • From: "Sharon" <mt281820@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bksvol-Discuss@Freelists. Org" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 08:00:19 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Sharon [mailto:mt281820@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, June 22, 2008 9:29 PM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Summary of last meeting of Christian Fiction Book Club

In the last meeting of the Christian Fiction Book Club, we discussed
Evidence of Mercy by Terri Blackstock which is the first book in her
Suncoast series.

The next meeting of the Friends of Bookshare  Christian Fiction  Book Club
will be held on  Friday, July 11, 2008 at 6:00 P.M PST, 7:00 P.M. MST, 8:00
P.M. CST, 9:00 P.M. EST and 2:00 A.M. UTC. We meet on the second Friday of
the month in the Friends Community Room, an online chat room which can be
reached directly at:
http://conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rs7867a2369e0e ; or You can
reach it via The Friends of Bookshare URL
at: http://www.friendsofbookshare.org. ; The Friends Community Room can also
be accessed via The Accessible World web site
at: http://www.accessibleworld.org. We will be discussing A Window to the
World by Susan Meissner. The bookshare link for this book is
http://www.bookshare.org/web/SingleTitle.html?submittitleid=31968 This book
starts out with two girls becoming friends, and one of them is kidnapped.
The book is about how God works in a very difficult situation. The text is
excellent, but there are random characters at the tops and bottoms of the
pages. We will meet on the second Friday rather than the first. We use the
Talkcom Web Conferencing software. If you are not familiar with it, you will
need to download the small plug-in on the web page, run it, then return to
the web page and sign in. Please type your name in the USerID field. You do
not need a password. The  Christian fiction  Book Club is open to anyone who
would like to discuss Christian fiction including romance, mystery, science
fiction, etc. If you have questions, please contact  Sharon Hughey, the
club's facilitator at mt281820@xxxxxxxxxxxx Come prepared to suggest books
for our consideration for reading in the near future. All suggestions will
be welcome.

Sharon Hughey