[bksvol-discuss] Re: looking for people scanning the following

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 22:02:01 -0500

If you never asked that the book you are scanning be put on the books being scanned list then it should not be there. That is, unless someone else did it. In that case I suppose it should be removed by whomever put it there. Also, if someone else did then might it be possible that, not knowing that it was being scanned, that person was planning to scan it?

On 2/25/2012 9:24 PM, Jamie Yates, CPhT wrote:
I have NEVER sent an announcement to booksbeingscanned@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:booksbeingscanned@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> and I'm the one who scanned Wife to the Bastard. So if I didn't send an announcement saying I was scanning it to that email address, why do I have to wait until I find out it's in the collection (which I don't always find out) and then send an email to that address to tell them it's in the collection?

Now if I had sent an email then I would expect when I'm done scanning it I could send an email and say ok I'm done scanning it. Books being SCANNED is that--books being SCANNED.

I still don't like the whole wishlist/scanned process. It would be so much easier if you could submit a wish like you can submit a book. Then someone could "check out" the wish and then people would know you're scanning the book. Then you "check in" the wish when you're done scanning it and it goes onto the ready for proofreading page. Bookshare wouldn't have to maintain ANY lists at all. The wishlist would maintain itself. The being scanned page would maintain itself. Nobody would have to worry about emailing an email address 4 to 6 months after they've scanned something that they never asked to be put on a list to begin with.

--
Jamie in Michigan

Currently Reading: Clubbed to Death by Elaine Viets

See everything I've read this year at: www.michiganrxtech.com/books.html <http://www.michiganrxtech.com/books.html>