[bksvol-discuss] Re: long dashes.

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 16:02:45 -0500

Indeed Sue, they don't, and most of the students no a days get sometimes not
perfectly proof read braille.

Today, I did four assignments for a student, had someone read them in, I
typed them out (Kurzweil is not installed at that school yet, ahem) and then
showed the aid how to translate and emboss.

The kids are used to it.  For the most part once they are proficient braille
readers, they adapt really well.  My students know if they find an mistake
and point it out to me I will fix it, and they get rewarded for it, and
believe me they love to find them, smile.

Shelley L. Rhodes M.A., VRT, CTVI
and Guinevere, Golden lady Guide
juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.