[bksvol-discuss] [lizzers2@xxxxxxxxxxx: Ann-forward to Vol List please?]

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Volunteers, Bookshare" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 07:27:10 -0400

Hi all,

Just got this note from Liz.  She asked me to forward it.l

Ann P.

----- Forwarded message from Liz Halperin <lizzers2@xxxxxxxxxxx> -----

From: Liz Halperin <lizzers2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Ann-forward to Vol List please?

"Hi all, Ann is graciously forwarding this email to the list for me, Liz
Halperin. I'm going to the CSUN conference next week and wonder who I might
meet. I'll be at a deaf-blind workshop during the member get-together, so I
lost that chance. If you want to meet me, or equally avoid me, big smile,
I'll tell you what I look like. Maybe your guide or someone will notice me.

I wont' be wearing Bookshare logowear as it's not a good background for sign
language to other deaf-blind people. I will have on black or dark brown. I
am making my own identifying patches that won't be distracting for sign
language use. The patches will be off-white color canvas, velcroed to the
outside of my upper arms on my shirts. On the patches will be three rows;
top is capital letters BKS in black sharpie, maybe with Hi-Marks. Middle is
drawing of fingerspelled letters, BKS. Black sharpie, too detailed for Hi
Marks. Bottom row is BKS in braille with raised Hi-Marks. That will be me.
Short and too round, short brown and silver hair, a golden-color prosthetic
eye, glasses sometimes depending on lighting, hearing aids, white cane with
rainbow decal just under the handle. So, given that info, either come up and
introduce yourself, or run the other way!

I wish I still had time for this list, but I just don't. Too much going on
in my deaf-blind lists and daily life. I'm currently putting more emphasis
on my volunteer submissions, by the way. First coming through tomorrow, and
a nice stack all scanned and ready for my time to proof.

Feel free to contact me and tell me if you'll be at the conference! (email
in my sig lines)

Liz H in Portland
Liz Halperin, Aziza, and Aslan
Portland, OR
lizzers2@xxxxxxxxxxx"

THANKS ANN!!!!!

----- End forwarded message -----

--
AAnn K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."  JRRT