[bksvol-discuss] Re: letters for numbers

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 07:50:20 -0700 (PDT)

I wish I could say that the OCR program always substitutes one phrase for
a measurement (sometimes it does, "Vz" is always 1/2) but I've noticed
that "Va" is either 1/3 or 1/8,  "%" is sometimes 1/3 or 1/4, and 2/3 is a
variety of symbols as is 3/4.  I do a few global replacements, but I still
have to go thru each recipe to make sure the replacements are correct.
The only downside is that I get hungry from reading all the recipes!

Carrie

http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush