[bksvol-discuss] Re: lamp on optic 3600

  • From: Bud Schwab <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 11:31:38 -0700

Hi Mayrie,

Thanks for the info, I thought I had heard of others mentioning that problem. So I'll do as you do and turn it off when not using it. I wonder if anybody has contacted the company for any input on the problem.
Thanks again. Happy scanning
budfAt 11:02 AM 7/21/2009, you wrote:
Hi Bud,

        I've experienced the same thing with the OpticBook 3600 lamp.  It
seems not to go off all of the time after the time it's set to go off.  In
order to preserve the life of the bulb, I just turn off the power switch on
the scanner when I don't plan to be using it and turn it on again when I
plan to scan. Word of warning.  You have to turn it on outside of Kurzweil
1000, or before you launch the program or the scanner won't be detected by
Kurzweil.

Mayrie