I didn't try that. Maybe next time.
Wouldn't it work just to rename the .brl files with a .brf extension?
This evening I encountered some weirdness with braille files on the step 1 page. Some books were listed as .brf extention, but once unzipped, they turned out to be the .brl files which is another kind of braille file. I opened the file using Kurzweil and checked it for completeness. When I tried to upload the book, bookshare wouldn't take it because the .brl extention didn't match the .brf extention it was expecting. I rejected the book and wrote the submitter. Still, I wanted to caution anyone not to submit .brl files because bookshare won't let you upload them in any other form than .brf. the .brl and .brf extentions aren't compatible. It's like trying to use kurzweil to open .ark files. You can't even translate the .brl file to print and upload a .rtf file because bookshare wants .brf extentions only for braille files. Ok, I promise my next post won't be so technical *smile*.
Cheryl Fogle MA Ph.D. candidate in Anthropology, University of New Mexico