[bksvol-discuss] k1000 apply corrections was Re: Re: Validation

  • From: "Bob" <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 07:01:20 -0600

Evan's message reminds me that I almost never use the apply correction tool in k1000. It doesn't tell you which "corrections" are being corrected and it may correct something that doesn't need correcting.

However, it does do a good job of dealing with split words.

I would be interested in what others do with this particular tool. Maybe I could use it with less trepidation.

Bob
----- Original Message ----- From: "EVAN REESE" <mentat3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Nimer <nimerjaber1@xxxxxxxxx>
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, November 14, 2008, 7:14
There are no hyphens. The way the book is, books are split
up. For instance, one half of a word is on the bottom of one
page, and the second half of the word is on the top of the

Thanks
Nimer J

Christina wrote:
> Hi, Nimer.
> Do you mean that one word is hyphenated so that half
of it is on one page and continues onto the next page?  If
so, I usually just put the word on the first page and delete
the second half of it from the second page.

> Or, do you mean that all of the words are split
between two pages so that, if you put the two pages
together, you'd actually have one page?  If that's
the case with every page and you'd basically have to
rewrite the book, sadly, you should probably reject it.

<nimerjaber1@xxxxxxxxx>

are split over two pages. Is there a way to make the words
onto one page without going through and changing every one
of them individually? This is a 400-page book, and while
I'm reading it through, it takes too long to stop after
every page to combine a word that was split onto different
pages.

>> Thanks
>> Nimer J
>> To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email
>> bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in
the subject line.  To get a list of available commands, put
the word 'help' by itself in the subject line.