[bksvol-discuss] Re: just submitted Fortune's Rocks

  • From: bud schwab <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 20:30:41 -0800

Hi Joanie,
Thanks for the info. I should've looked it up before I sent it in, but, oh well That's the one I made such a big fuss about a couple weeks ago about not being able to upload it, but I guess nobody caught it that it was already there. Anyway, it's kind of a neat book and I'm glad it's on the bookshare list. Just think of all the fun and experience I had doing it though with that apostrophe in the title that caused all the trouble. Whomever did the first one must've known to do it correctly.
Thanks for letting me know, I'm off to scanning my next book. Maybe I'd better check to see if it's already there.

Bud
.At 07:30 PM 3/28/2005, you wrote:
Bud, "Fortune's Rocks" is already on Bookshare; I read and validated it, and
it's excellent quality, so shouldn't need to be replaced.

Joanie

----- Original Message ----- From: "bud schwab" <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx> To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Monday, March 28, 2005 2:58 PM Subject: [bksvol-discuss] just submitted Fortune's Rocks

> Hi Gang, > > Yes, I just submitted Fortune's Rocks by Anita Shreve After touching it up > here and there I would say it is almost flawless. Should be easy validating. > > By the way, this is the book that I couldn't upload. It would just kick > back saying there was no text in the book. I put out a plea for info as to > why it was happening and got several suggestions from several of > you. Unfortunately nothing worked so just before throwing it all out I > wrote to Marissa who had the answer. She said remove the apostrophe from > the title and it would go through and it did. I tell all of you this just > in case you run into the same situation in the future and can't figure out > why it doesn't work. I don't know if that's a Kurzweil thing or what, all > I do know that it will really make the difference. > > > > Bud Schwab > W 6 Z Y P > Malibu, California > > > > > >

Bud Schwab
W 6 Z Y P
Malibu, California