[bksvol-discuss] Re: just submitted 25 books

  • From: "Donna Goodin" <goodindo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 23:14:01 -0500

Amber,

You can get the Fujitsu FI4220 for about $1200 if you shop around online. It's not as fast and doesn't hold as many pages as the big high-end models, but it also doesn't cost $5000. And it beats any off-the-shelf box-store product by a long shot. However, Mike is right, in order to get full advantage of the scanner you have to be willing to chop the bindings off books, which also, of course, means you have to buy them.
Take care,
Donna
----- Original Message ----- From: "Amber Wallenstein" <amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx>