[bksvol-discuss] just submitted

  • From: "Amber Wallenstein" <amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 14:10:40 -0400

I just submitted The Palace of Tears by Alev Lytle Croutier.
 Casimir de Ch teauneuf, 35, is bored with his wife, his children and the
family vineyards. He seeks a dream. Stopping one day in
a shop displaying bric-a-brac from the Orient, he spies a portrait, a miniature
of a young woman in a flowing green caftan embroidered with gold tulips;
one of her eyes is blue and the other, yellow. Bewitched by her face, he falls
in love; the next day, he sets out to find her. Meanwhile, across the world
in Istanbul, in the Palace of Tears (where no man is allowed), the harem slave
known as La Poup e (the doll) is dreaming of Casimir. The two lovers are
experiencing r ve deux, parallel dreams. Casimir suffers many physical
hardships in his travels to find La Poup e, but eventually he returns to Paris,
advised by an Antioch seer to "go back to where [he] started and stand still."
Book blog:
John Adams
E-Mail: amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx