[bksvol-discuss] just submitted

  • From: "Amber Wallenstein" <amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 09:02:07 -0400

Just submitted Down the Common: a Novel by Ann Baer.
This is the fictionalized account of Marian, a  miller's daughter who married
the village carpenter.  It's medieval England it's every man for himself.  When
death in childbirth is common, and two of Marian's well-cared-for children die
from nothing at all,how does a village keep going?  this delightful and
insightful novel by Ann Baer takes what could be any Medieval woman's life for
a year, and shows us the daily struggle for survival and if not happiness, a
never-changing life cycle of death, life and survival.
Enjoy.
Amber
Book blog:
John Adams