[bksvol-discuss] just submitted

  • From: "Amber Wallenstein" <amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 21:30:03 -0400

I just submitted "Women healers : portraits of herbalists, physicians, and
midwives " by "Elisabeth Brooke".
From antiquity to the present, women have been persecuted.  In history, women
midwives, healers and herbalists have been burned as witches, raped and
tortured for their practices.  More recently, women are threatened with sexual
discrimination in the medical field in more covert ways.  In this book,
Elisabeth Brooke highlights women healers, herbalists, and midwives and shows
them in both a historical sense, as well as a medical sense.
Book blog:
John Adams
E-Mail: amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx