[bksvol-discuss] just submitted

  • From: "Amber Wallenstein" <amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 21:16:43 -0400

I just submitted The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox by Maggie O'Farrell.
Got a 100% rating in Kes.
Slim, stylish Iris Lockhart
runs a dress shop in contemporary Edinburgh when she's not flirting with her
stepbrother Alex or rendezvousing with her married attorney lover, Luke. Esme
Lennox, meanwhile, is ready to be discharged from the soon-to-be-closed
psychiatric hospital where she's been a patient (for 61
years. Iris becomes aware of Esme's existence when she's informed, to her
disbelief, that she has been granted power of attorney over Esme by Kitty
Lockhart,
Iris's Alzheimer's-afflicted grandmother. It turns out Kitty and Esme are
sisters, but Kitty kept quiet about Esme after she was hospitalized at age 16.
Layer upon layer of Lockhart family secrets are laid bare-the truth behind
Esme's institutionalization, why her existence was kept a secret, and a twist
involving Iris's parents-as Iris mulls over what to do with her new charge, and
Esme and Kitty reconnect.
Enjoy.
Amber

Book blog: