[bksvol-discuss] Re: just submitted

  • From: The Pardees <fpardee@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 17:47:27 -0400

Mary,
I think that scrambled headers are removed too. I have just checked one of
my books that was submitted with scrambled headers and the download from
bookshare had removed them.
Jim

At 01:29 PM 4/15/04 -0500, you wrote:

>Jim,
>I don't think badly scrambled headers get taken out by the Bookshare
header removal tool. I hope somebody from BookShare can clarify this point.
but it was my understanding that the BookShare header removal tool
>works much the same as the one from Kurzweil. In other words, if a header
isn't the top line, or if its scrambled, BookShare's tool won't know its a
header and will, therefore, leave it in. I get rid of badly scrambled
>headers if I find them during my clean up process, because I really
seriously dislike running into a line of garbage when reading along in a book.
>Mary
>

>---
>Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

---