[bksvol-discuss] Re: just submitted

  • From: "Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 13:29:01 -0500

Jim,
I don't think badly scrambled headers get taken out by the Bookshare header
removal tool. I hope somebody from BookShare can clarify this point. but it was
my understanding that the BookShare header removal tool
works much the same as the one from Kurzweil. In other words, if a header isn't
the top line, or if its scrambled, BookShare's tool won't know its a header and
will, therefore, leave it in. I get rid of badly scrambled
headers if I find them during my clean up process, because I really seriously
dislike running into a line of garbage when reading along in a book.
Mary