[bksvol-discuss] just submitted

  • From: "Amber Wallenstein" <amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 20:31:53 -0400

I just submitted
Rite of Conquest by Judith Tarr.
Romance reigns in Tarr's absorbing historical fantasy, in which William the
Conqueror of Normandy, the reincarnation of King Arthur, must be taught to
master
his own magic by his witch-wife, Mathilda of Flanders. William's destiny is to
throw down the "walls of iron" against the fey beings of the Otherworld,
erected by the Saxons and Christianity. He fends off human enemies like
Geoffrey of Anjou, while the couple's united magic allows them to travel through
the Otherworld faster than mortal foes. In due course William sets sail for
England, where Harold Godwineson sits on the throne, having broken his oath
to support William for the succession. England's magical and material defenses
are powerful, however.  Who will succeed and rule England?
Enjoy.
Amber
Book blog:
John Adams