[bksvol-discuss] Re: just submitted

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 17:15:35 -0800 (PST)

Perhaps I'm wwrong, but my understanding is that
members don't get credit toward membership for their
submissions until the books are added to the
collection. Is that right? If so, then keeping the
books in the admin queue for so long is detrimental to
the members. I know of one member who's membership
will expire at the end of the month. She has several
books ready, or almost ready, to submit, but it won't
do her any good, even if she validates them herself,
if they're going to sit in the admin queue. I think
the ones I have sitting there, except possibly one,
were submitted by a member who has more than enough
credits, but maybe not. I lost track.

Gustavo, are you still the only one to approve the
books, and if so, do you pay any attention to who the
submitter is and when their memberships expire, and
approve in that order? That would make sense, but
probably is too time-consuming.

Cindy