[bksvol-discuss] Re: just rejected "urban shaman"

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 00:32:31 -0800 (PST)

Hi Cheryl,

I can't tell from your message whether you read page
seven and it picked up in the middle of a chapter, or
you just went by the page numbers.  I did once read a
book that was missing several pages from the prologue
and it was very frustrating--I was dying to know what
had happened. Fortunately, someone sent me the pages.

On the other hand, many book I've seen don't start the
story with page one but count the introductory pages,
even though they're not numbered, and start the first
page of the story with something like page seven. When
I validate, if I see that, I put  the page numbers on
the earlier page numbers so people won't be confused.

Cindy