[bksvol-discuss] jaws forms mode

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 14:24:02 -0400

Dear Booksharian Friends,

Does anyone know a command for telling JAWS to enter forms mode besides
pressing enter which is the way I learned to do it?

The last two times I checked in books, when I was on page three of the form in
the title field to delete save for lissi, I pressed enter which usually causes
JAWS to say, "form field on." Instead, I hear percentages as the form is
entered and is being processed for Bookshare. The next thing I'm back at my
checked out books. I haven't had a chance to delete the save for, enter my
brief or long synopses or edit the meta data on that page in any way. Carrie
bailed me out the first time this happened, but I would like to check in books
without needing extra help.

I've heard there's another way to enter forms mode and I hope if I use it, I'll
be able to complete page three and check in books correctly.

Thanks in advance for your help.

By the way, I'll be adding some books in honor of Saint Patrick's Day and my
Irish heritage. Today's book is Folktales of Yeats Country, only 96 pages. It
includes 17 tales, very brief but meticulously authentic and told for adults.
The longest story, told in 7 parts, features a character, prominent for many
centuries in Irish folklore, named Conn, which was my mother's maiden name.

The next book, which Evan scanned, is for kids, Jeremy Bean's St. Patrick's
Day. After that, Tales of St. Patrick, 124 pages long, St. Patrick's Day
Shamrocks, and The Leprechaun's Story are coming. Then, there will be Hungry
for home, the sad story of the Irish Island of Blaskett, and Kaddish in Dublin,
a mystery.

After BSO ing a Tolkien Biography for young readers, Evan will be scanning a
stack of Easter books I sent him. And I even found a book for April Fool's Day.

I really wish the library didn't sell off its books, but if it must be so, then
I appreciate the chance to buy them up for Bookshare.

Always with love,

Lissi