[bksvol-discuss] Re: introduction

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 16:40:13 -0500

You might be able to submit some of the books you scanned in chapters if you start a document in the format you used and append each chapter to it. You just need to make sure to include the whole book, include page breaks and include copyright information.

You could change the txt books to rtf format and make sure they include page breaks and upload them. I know this last would be a great deal of work so it might not be something you want to do.
Thanks for joining us.

E.

At 04:34 PM 3/5/2007, you wrote:
Hello all,
My name is Ibrahim Ali. I am new on this list. I joined the bookshare volunteering pool in the beginning of January. I am a Professor of Middle East history and politics and thought I can help, in my spare time, in improving the middle east collection of bookshare. I am totally blind and value all accessibility projects, especially the ones dealing with reading material. Unfortunately, all my collection of books is either in text format or scanned in seperat chapters, so, it is of no value to bookshare users. From now on I will make sure to scan my material differently.

As you can probably guess from my name, I am an Arab-American of Palestinian origin. I will be very much interested in high quality books on the Middle East. There is a lot of junk being published these days on the Middle East, Islam, and the Arab-Israeli conflict. I would not be interested in either scanning or validating such material. I prefer to put the little time I have in working with good published works. So, if you folks come across any good books and want some one to validate, please alert me to them.

I only choose for validation books in RTF format because i prefer to read them on my pacmate. Because books on the Middle East usually have many non English names and terms, reading them in braille is much easier to understand and correct.

I hope to get to know you all, and keep the good work.

Ibrahim Ali

http://www.eset.com

http://www.eset.com