[bksvol-discuss] Re: interesting statistics

  • From: Jill O'Connell <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 13:36:19 -0700

What concerns me are the books rated excellent that are not. I realize this is
a somewhat subjective rating, but when I read "almost no errors" I would like
to believe it. I am reading a book right now that in my opinion should have
been rated "good. It is readable but contains a number of errors, a duplicate
page and a lot of extraneous characters. And then I have to question how much
the validator did and whether quality was taken into consideration at all.
Hopefully this book was not scanned recently and that scanning has improved
since then which I believe it has.
  -----