[bksvol-discuss] Re: inquiry to braille users

  • From: "Jana Jackson" <jana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 13:51:01 -0500

Hi, Nancy!  That's a great question.  I use an Alva Satelite 40-cell Braille
display with Kurzweil 1000 for proofing.  I've also used it with Jaws and MS
Word from time to time, but I prefer K1000, because you don't have to worry
about whether or not the page breaks are there. <Smile>  I have a Braille Note
which I use for reading, but I've never used it for proofreading.  I mostly
scan books, but I always do some proofing before submitting.  Hope this helps!

Jana