[bksvol-discuss] Re: improving a book in the collection

  • From: Robin Mandell <robinmandell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 15:36:51 -0500

Lissi,

I'm not quite sure I understand...but when you go to download a book, it hsould tell you what format you're downloading....what is the file extention...that is...what are the three letters after the file period which vollows the filename?

At 03:28 PM 23/01/2006, you wrote:
Dear Kelly, or anyone who wants to jump in,

I've discovered a book in the collection rated good but with many errors. I have a print edition and would be happy to make the corrections and upload it as a pso improved copy. I'm not sure I got those initials right, but would check before uploading so the file would be named correctly.

My question is that I don't know what format I'm working in, as in rtf, etc. When I download a book that's already in the collection, I get the htm version and about 4 others, the last of which I can listen to with Jaws. Is there a way to convert the book to RTF or do I keep it in the format in which I'm reading?

I hope this question makes sense. Thanks so much.

Always With Love,

Lissi