[bksvol-discuss] important, may write off list, need advice on book storage

  • From: "Jamie Prater" <jdprater@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 15:05:22 -0500

Hi, all, please feel free to write me off list about this matter as I need
advice about something important.  I have downloaded hundreds--maybe over 1,000
books from bard and bookshare since 2008, and after some problems with tme, I
no longer trust thumb drives for storing books on like I have over the better
part of the past two years.  Particularly for reading on the braille note, what
is the best way to store all my books in one place?  Formerly, I have stored
them on either two-gig lexar jump drives and one four-gig sand disk drive, and
after bad experiences with drives and ports, I no longer trust this option as I
did.  I tried an external hard drive but am not sure it was formatted properly
for the braillenote to see it.  I download books from bookshare and bard and I
eventually want a victor stream, but I also want portability.  I bought two
4-gig sand disk sd cards and then discovered they didn't work for the
braillenote since they were high capacity.  With these storage devices being so
very tiny, I want the least amount of them to keep up with and as versatile
option as possible so I can get all of these files out of their temporary home
on my hard drive of my computer in my documents before my documents throws up.
I am an avid reader and plan to go to college, like kids books and also
download mysteries, craft books, and other books in which I am interested and I
enjoy having a library in my hand as well as reading books from the regional
library.  Any help and advice on this would be greatly appreciated.  You may
write me privately at jdprater@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx  I can also be reached on
facebook as Jamie Prater, on skype as Jamie4Jesus, and on twitter as
ddestiny38.  Thanks very, very much in advance for any help and advice.  Have
an abundantly blessed day.