[bksvol-discuss] Re: identifying books from download list

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 10:25:57 -0500 (EST)

Sue

You asked how an individual's scans can vary so widely in quality from
submission to submission.
So I responded.  The rest of my msg beyond that point was thoughts
related to the thread and at no one in particular.

That
is what one can get if they scan without checking along the way or
editing or proofreading later.
If I were doing something for my own use, wanted it done quickly and not
overly concerned about total readability, that's likely how I would do it.
Since I scan not only for myself but also with the intent of submission, I
scan, read, edit and correct each page as I go along.
There is no one right approach to the scan process; probably as many
approaches as folks doing it.
And I suppose some of us use different approaches for different purposes
at different times.
I truly didn't understand much about the dynamics of scanning until I
began doing it.
While I am hardly experienced at it,
I can grasp why things can and do go wrong; and I can also understand why
an individual may not even be aware of things going wrong.