[bksvol-discuss] Re: hyphenated words

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 16:29:38 -0800 (PST)

I don't know if this would work or not, and I know
nothing about Kurzweill. But you might try replacing
hyphen and space with nothing. I'd try it one at a
time until I saw that it worked and then do a global
replace. If you just do the hypen without the space
you'd close up all the words in the text that should
be hyphenated and that mightnot be good.

I once changed hyphens to em dashes globally and then
had to change those em dashes that should have been
hyphens back one at a time. I learned my lesson, i.e.
to try a couple of replacements individually before
going en masse.

Cindy