[bksvol-discuss] html in files?

  • From: "Bob" <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bookshare volunteer discussion" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 09:35:32 -0500

Ann P made a suggestion about putting blockquotes in a file to designate block quotes.

This opened the flood gates in my imagination, for all sorts of possibilities.

Could we put links to chapters in a book in the table of contents? Could we use headings to simulate different fonts?

In the first place, I'm not sure what html code would do in a .rtf file, could the code be uploaded without translating to gibberish? Once uploaded, what would the stripper (do you hear Norman Rose's orchestra in the background?) do to this file. And, finally, what would happen to the .brf file?

Just thinking out loud, and hope Jake or some other knowledgeable person could demystify some of the magic here.

Thanks.
Bob
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful,
committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is
the only thing that ever has."--Margaret Mead