[bksvol-discuss] Re: how to know if a book is on the list

  • From: Bud Schwab <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 21:53:14 -0700

Hi Lori,

Thanks for the response. I do check on the list before I start scanning and also announce it here for anybody's comments, but I failed to check in the advanced section. My question is, are all the books listed in the advanced list that are also in the regular list? In other words, can I just check the advance list and all the books are there, or is it just the adult ones that are there?
Thanks.

BudAt 06:50 PM 8/24/2008, you wrote:
Well, Bud,

Luckily I have never had this problem, but it seems that it shouldn't be so difficult to know if a book is already on bookshare. I always check the list by doing a search by author and by title and then check by the books in processing list searching for both title and author. Finally, I check Cindy's books being scanned list. If I can't find a book on any of these, I let Cindy know I am scanning a book so she can add it to her list. Still, it seems that there should some day be a one-step process to know if it is safe to scan a book. As we all know, scanning a book and getting it ready to submit is a long process.

Don't know what else to say!

Cat Lover Lori

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bud Schwab" <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx>