[bksvol-discuss] how I validate

  • From: Elizabeth and Burton <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 08:58:26 -0400

I take books to validate in which I am interested. I do not start b reading the book. The first thing I do is use rank spelling in k1000 to get the best spelling correction I can that way. I then use k1000's autocorrect feature which may pick up other things and sometimes removed unwanted hyphens.

These tools in k1000 work on all kinds of files, by the way, with the exception of .arc files. .doc .rtf and .kes files can all be corrected in this way.

After spell checking the book, I down load it to my braillenote. I do a find on page breaks and that way can remove the headers and footers while checking that all page numbers are their and that they have linefeeds and page break characters in the places recommended.

I Then begin reading the book. I probably read about a quarter of it. I can get a pretty good idea of the scan quality from that.

Hope this feedback helps.

E.