[bksvol-discuss] holocaust movies

IMO The best movie about the Holocaust was the 11978 tv miniseries. To refresh
my emory I looked it up.  I read that some survivors including Elie Wiesel
objected to it thought I didn't read why. Maybe it didn't show enoughenough
scenes in the camps, though as I remember it showed a lot of things, including
the early gassing of people not physically or mentally perfect; the reluctance
of assimilated Jews in German to see or believe what was happening or going to
happen  and so they didn'tleave in time. Playing for Time was another tv movie
I thought was good. There was another r program, possibly on pbs or the history
channel about artists in the camps who surreptitiously made a recors od camp
life.

AT
www.lljfm.net/bookshare/home.htm

http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/