[bksvol-discuss] hold for....

  • From: Robin Mandell <robinmandell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 09:28:05 -0500

Hi All,

I've noticed on the step 1 (download) page that there are several books which have a notation in the title to hold for one or another volunteer. Can someone tell me what this is about? I'm concerned that those books will sit there indefinitely until the person they're said to be held for picks them up...

I realize that in some cases the person they're being held for might have the hard copy of the book and so be able to do a proper validation if there is a problem with the soft text, but I'm wondering if we should be engaging in this practice in general. I'm sure there are volunteers who are not on this discussion list and so would have no idea what is going on.