[bksvol-discuss] Re: help with upload, please

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 18:06:46 -0400 (EDT)

When I edit books, I tend to reject the supplied name and save in an
easier to remember and type file name in the old dos 8.3 format.
I've also found that the BookShare system less often balks on such file
names uploaded.
So, once I open the .bks downloaded file, in my case generally in K1000, I
create a new file name that is far shorter.
For reasons discussed last week in another thread, I save my files
initially as a .kes file and only convert to .rtf when I am ready to
return the book to BookShare.