[bksvol-discuss] Re: help needed with copyright

  • From: "Gerald Hovas" <GeraldHovas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 18:34:09 -0500

Grace,

Let me make a change or two to what I sent you before you post it to Jake's
website.  I didn't bother to explain that the claimant is the copyright
holder since I knew you'd understand that.

For short story collections, there's usually someone who's responsible for
pulling all the stories together and editing them, and that person owns the
copyright for the book.  If that's not the case in this instance, then it's
my understanding that you'd take the most recent date for one of the stories
and use the claimant associated with that date.  If you'd like help on what
to use, then send me the copyright page from the book offlist, and I'll be
glad to help.

Gerald

  _____