[bksvol-discuss] help needed from a kurzweil user

  • From: "Jill O'Connell" <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 16:04:20 -0700

I scan and validate with Kurzweil 10.4 and have never had this issue before.
The book I am validating is Dead End; it is an excellent scan; however, there
is serious page discrepancy. The status key says there are 67 pages; there are
actually 253. I can find no information in the manual about page breaks, so if
anyone can tell me where to look I would appreciate it. There are two blank
lines after every book page number and these obviously are not coordinated with
the 67 page numbers spoken by Kurzweil. The format is RTF and I have not
changed it. Has this problem occurred because the book was not scanned in this
format? How do I know where the page breaks really are? If I have to insert
them, would I put them before the book page number, before the blank lines or
after the blank lines? I don't know whether the book numbers are at the top or
bottom of the page since the headers have been removed.  I tried setting the
user page number which almost immediately stopped matching the book number and
never changed the reading of the status key. I hope this message can be
understood and I can get help since this is an excellent scan and I would hate
to have to reject the book. I can release the book if someone would like to
look at it for me to see where the problem is. TIA. Jill