[bksvol-discuss] hello and question re file conversion in Word 2003

  • From: "Donna Goodin" <goodindo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 16:16:50 -0400

Hello all,

  This is Donna Goodin, back on the list after along while of being
unsubscribed.

  I have a question I'm hoping someone here can answer. When I download
books, I typically download the Daisy version, then edit the HTML file in
Word, resave as a Word file, and run the file through duxbury.  I do this
because the brf files (at least last time I downloaded one) seem to lose a
lot of formatting. I recently upgraded to MS-Office 2003. I now find that
when I try to edit an HTML file downloaded from Bookshare in MS-Word, all
the HTML coding seems to be preserved in the word file, i.e. the headers,
etc.  Also, when I save the file, it defaults to save as XML.  It would seem
that somehow Word is doing some sort of conversion or something that earlier
versions of word did not do.  Does anyone have a clue what is happening, and
what I can do to stop it.

 Thanks in advance,
Donna