[bksvol-discuss] headers or footers

  • From: Denise Thompson <deniset@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 15:47:11 -0400

Is there any quick way to get rid of the authors name at the top of each page or bottom where ever it appears without going through and deleting it individually? The problem is at least in the books I've done the page number is there also and I don't want to get rid of that, but I guess I could renumber the pages after the other is done. This would be in word. Maybe I just answered my own question. Get rid of the authors name with find and replace with nothing then number the pages again if they get messed up. Actually I just realized that if I only write in the authors name it won't bother the numbers. Duh. Well thanks for helping me figure this out by listening to me ramble.

Denise
At 03:19 PM 10/17/2009, you wrote:
Hey Folks,

I seem to recall reading somewhere, quite a long time ago, that there was a feature in MS Word that would allow you to select a portion of text and make it all upper-case. Now it may be that I'm just wishful thinking here, and that my memory is playing tricks on me; but I would really like this feature if it is available.

Sometimes, it seems that my K1000, using the FineReader OCR engine, which I otherwise prefer generally over the ScanSoft engine, will recognize text that is in all caps, but only capitalize the first letter of each word, or none of it at all. Rather than have to retype the text in all caps, which I have had to do, it would be nice to just be able to select it and make it all caps.

Anyone know if this capability actually exists, or did I just make it up because I really want it?

Thanks for any help with this.

Evan