[bksvol-discuss] Re: have a little problem

Robert,
    Two things cme to mind.  First, the way to open the books in the Victor
Reader is to jut launch the Victor program and let it find the books on your
hard drive and auto add themto your Bookshelf.  It doesn't work in the
conventional manner of Windows applications in the way of Opening a file from
the actual file name.
    As for the password issue, there are a couple of things that might be
happening.  If you have some popup blockers, such as Add Subtract on your
system, there is some sort of buggy interaction between K1000 and the Add
blocker which actually corrupts the password as the file is downloaded.  The
work around is to disable the popup blocker for the duration of your Kurzweil
session.  The other possibility is that you've upgraded to Service Pack 2 of
Windows XP.  IF this is the case, you may have to add Bookshare.org as an
accepted Web site in the Privacy tab of the Internet Options.  If you don't,
the Windows privacy screening thinks that Kurzweil is a piece of spyware trying
to get third-party access to a secure web site.  Let me know if any of this
helps.

Peter M. Scialli, Ph.D.
Associate, Technical Projects, Bookshare.org
www.bookshare.org

A Project of The Benetech Initiative - Technology Serving Humanity
peter @benetech.org
www.benetech.org