[bksvol-discuss] Re: harry potter

  • From: Lisa Friendly <lisaf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 15:55:09 -0700

Carrie¹s goal is to break all previous records for having it up on the site.
There was a post on how we plan to achieve that goal. Someone will probably
forward it to the list. My son Christopher (age 22) plays a supporting role
as the person who races from store to door (Benetech) at 12:01 am where
Carrie stands ready to begin the chop and scan.

The two of them have come up with even more ingenious ways to shorten the
time between when the tome is delivered and the book appears on the site. We
promise to send an email to both lists as soon as the book is there. I
wouldn¹t be at all surprised if that turns out to be before the sun rises,
even on East Coast. Some members have said they may wake each other up
through a phone tree when the moment arrives.

 Apparently those Harry Potter fans are a wild bunch! Pity the poor spouse
who¹s on the computer innocently doing bill pay when the call comes in.
³Outta my way!² the Booksharian cried, as she pounced on the chair with glee

Lisa

From: Lisa Leonardi <lml5280@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 16:05:48 -0500
To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] harry potter

I've been monitoring the list off and on, but have been pretty busy so I may
have missed this if it was already talked about.
Does anyone know if the new Harry Potter book is going to be available on
the site Saturday like the last couple of books were?
Thanks.

Lisa