[bksvol-discuss] Re: google

No, whether you use advanced search or not there is usually a notice right
after your results that says something like pages that are very similar to
each other have not been included in these results; click here to show all
results. I too usually find what I am looking for in the first search so I
kind of for got about it. If I recall correctly now, if you have multiple pages
of results that notice may appear only on the last page.

                                                          "I find
capitalism repugnant. It is filthy, it is gross, it is alienating... because it
causes war, hypocrisy and competition." Fidel Castro

The Militant: http://www.themilitant.com/txtindex.shtml Pathfinder Press:
http://www.pathfinderpress.com
Granma International: http://granma.cu/ingles/index.html
                 _

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj: 
[bksvol-discuss] google   
Date: 
6/18/2009 2:56:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time  
From: 
popularplace@xxxxxxxxx  
Reply-to: 
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  
To: 
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  
Sent from the Internet
(Details) 
table end

I use google all the time, too, but since I always get what I'm looking for
I didn't realize there's a button that reveals what google hides. Thanks
for
the info. Is that in advanced search, which I haven't used?

Cindy

Wish List (i.e., books wanted added to the collection) and
books-being-scanned list available at sites below

Wish List: https://wiki.benetech.org/display/BSO/Bookshare+Wish+List

Books Being Scanned List:
https://wiki.benetech.org/display/BSO/Books+Being+Scanned+List

--- On Thu, 6/18/09, Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx <Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx <Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
> Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Books By Publisher
> To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Thursday, June 18, 2009, 8:32 AM
> Google is my preferred
> search engine. I use it for something or other pretty much
> every day and yet I did not even think of clicking that
> button that brings up the results that Google hides. That
> should explain why I was getting a smaller than expected
> number of hits myself. By the way, it should be pointed out
> for Google novices that if you are using the main Google
> search field with advanced functions rather than going to
> the advanced search form it is important to remember not to
> put a space after the colon.
>
>
>
>       
>       
>       
>       
>       
>       
>           "I find
> capitalism repugnant. It is filthy, it is gross, it is
> alienating... because it causes war, hypocrisy and
> competition." Fidel Castro    
>
>
>
> The Militant: http://www.themilitant.com/txtindex.shtml
> Pathfinder Press: http://www.pathfinderpress.com
>
> Granma International: http://granma.cu/ingles/index.html
>
>            
>     _
>
>
>
> table with 2 columns and 6 rows
>
> Subj:
>
> [bksvol-discuss] Re: Books By Publisher  
>
> Date:
>
> 6/18/2009 7:55:59 AM Eastern Daylight Time 
>
> From:
>
> james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx 
>
> Reply-to:
>
> bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 
>
> To:
>
> bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 
>
> Sent from the Internet
>
> (Details)
>
> table end
>
>
>
> Hi,
>
>
>
> I had success with this two-step method. First, I went to
> Google and typed in a line that looks like this.
>
>
>
> publisher: o'reilly site:bookshare.org
>
>
>
> That brought back 46 results. At the bottom of the search
> results there was text that said that Google omitted similar
> results or something like that. I
>
> activated a link that brought back all of the results. I
> got about 1400 hits. That should cover all of the titles
> from that publisher. Now, if I find an
>
> advanced search query that brings back the omitted results
> in one step, I’ll report it here. Otherwise, I’ll
> consider this dead horse beaten enough.
>
>
>
> Thanks.
>
>
>
> Jim 
>
>
>
> ----------
>
>
>
> Jim Homme, Usability Engineering.
>
>
>
> 412-544-1810.
>
>
>
> Note: I will reply to email and voice mail within four
> hours.
>
>
>
> "Nothing in this world can take the place of
> persistence. 
>
>
>
> "Talent will not; nothing is more common than
> unsuccessful people with talent. 
>
>
>
> "Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a
> proverb. 
>
>
>
> "Education will not; the world is full of educated
> derelicts. 
>
>
>
> "Persistence and determination alone are
> omnipotent."
>
>
>
> - Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)
>
>
>
> From: bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> [mailto:bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
> Homme, James
>
> Sent: Thursday, June 18, 2009 7:31 AM
>
> To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Books By Publisher
>
>
>
> Hi Tammie,
>
>
>
> Go to Google and try typing the line below this one into
> the search box.
>
>
>
> Harlequin site:bookshare.org
>
>
>
> Jim
>
>
>
> ----------
>
>
>
> Jim Homme, Usability Engineering.
>
>
>
> 412-544-1810.
>
>
>
> Note: I will reply to email and voice mail within four
> hours.
>
>
>
> "Nothing in this world can take the place of
> persistence. 
>
>
>
> "Talent will not; nothing is more common than
> unsuccessful people with talent. 
>
>
>
> "Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a
> proverb. 
>
>
>
> "Education will not; the world is full of educated
> derelicts. 
>
>
>
> "Persistence and determination alone are
> omnipotent.."
>
>
>
> - Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)
>
>
>
> From: bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> [mailto:bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
> Tammy Blaker
>
> Sent: Thursday, June 18, 2009 5:47 AM
>
> To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Books By Publisher
>
>
>
> I didn't know I could search Bookshare by Publisher as
> I love Harlequin Books ; can someone tell me how to do
> this?  It would be so great!  I'm not a computer
>
> person and have no idea how to do an advance Google search
> and confine the search to Bookshare.org.  Thanks so much
> for any help you can give.
>
>
>
> block quote
>
> ----- Original Message -----
>
>
>
> From:
>
> Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
>
>
>
> To:
>
> bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>
>
> Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 8:45 AM
>
>
>
> Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Books By Publisher
>
>
>
> Okay, now I see where I made my mistake. As I said, I did
> an advanced Google search in which I entered the name of a
> publisher as the search term and confined
>
> the search to Bookshare.org and I was doubtful of my
> results. The reason I was doubtful was because I intended to
> search a publisher that was providing
>
> publisher quality books and I only got thirty-nine hits..
> Now I will reveal which publisher it was. It was Harper
> & Row. Apparently I was confusing Harper
>
> & Row with Harper Collins. Now that I see that Harper
> Collins is on this list and Harper & Row is not I
> repeated the search with Harper Collins as my search
>
> term. This time I got 337 hits. I am not sure how useful
> that information is now with the list of publishers that are
> supplying books right here, but bear
>
> in mind that you can use the advanced search at Google to
> search not only for publishers, but also for anything else
> on Bookshare that the Bookshare search
>
> engine is not capable of.
>
>
>
>                           
>                        "I find
> capitalism repugnant. It is filthy, it is gross, it is
> alienating... because it causes war,
>
> hypocrisy and competition." Fidel Castro    
>
>
>
> The Militant:
>
> http://www.themilitant.com/txtindex.shtml
>
> Pathfinder Press:
>
> http://www.pathfinderpress..com
>
> Granma International:
>
> http://granma.cu/ingles/index..html
>
>              _
>
>
>
> table with 2 columns and 6 rows
>
> Subj:
>
> [bksvol-discuss] Re: Books By Publisher  
>
> Date:
>
> 6/17/2009 3:51:17 AM Eastern Daylight Time 
>
> From:
>
> popularplace@xxxxxxxxx 
>
> Reply-to:
>
> bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 
>
> To:
>
> bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 
>
> Sent from the Internet
>
> (Details)
>
> table end
>
>
>
> Below is a list of publisher donors we got quite some time
> ago.  (August of '08)I saved it, so if you or anyone
> prefers to have it as an rtf attachment
>
> I'll send it to you. Maybe we'll get an  updated
> one.
>
>
>
> Harper Collins, O'Reilly, Hachette and
> Perseus--don't scan their books--being donated
>
> Current List of Publishers Signed On With Bookshare.org
> (08/27/08)
>
>
>
> I.      Harper Collins
>
>
>
> II.     O'Reilly
>
>
>
> III.    The Perseus Book Groups
>
>
>
> Imprints:
>
>
>
> i.      Avalon Travel
>
>
>
> ii.     Basic Books (renowned publisher of serious
> nonfiction: Warren Bennis, Douglas Hofstadter, Alice Miller,
> Niall Ferguson, Richard Feynman, Howard
>
> Gardner, Zbigniew Brzezinski
> <
https://mail.benetech.org/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.perseusbooksgroup.com/basic/author_detail.jsp?id=000703>
>
> )
>
>
>
> iii.    Basic Civitas Books  (African-American &
> African Studies),  Da Capo Press (H.G. Bissinger's
> Friday Night Lights; American and world history, biography,
>
> music, especially jazz, film, art, photography, sports,
> humor, and popular culture)
>
>
>
> iv.     Da Capo Lifelong Books,
>
>
>
> v.      Nation Books (joint venture partnership)
>
>
>
> vi..     Public Affairs (joint venture partnership)
>
>
>
> vii.    Running Press
>
>
>
> viii.   Seal Press
>
>
>
> ix.     Vanguard Press
>
>
>
> x.      Westview Press (distinguished publisher of
> college textbooks)
>
>
>
> IV.     Hachette Book Group USA is made up of the
> following publishing groups and imprints:
>
>
>
> i.       Little, Brown & Company
>
>
>
> ii.     Back Bay Books
>
>
>
> iii.     Bulfinch
>
>
>
> iv.     Grand Central Publishing
>
>
>
> v.      5-Spot
>
>
>
> vi.      Business Plus
>
>
>
> vii.    Forever
>
>
>
> viii.   Springboard Press
>
>
>
> ix.     Twelve
>
>
>
> x.      Vision
>
>
>
> xi.     Wellness Central
>
>
>
> xii.    FaithWords
>
>
>
> xiii.   Center Street
>
>
>
> xiv.    Orbit
>
>
>
> xv.      Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
>
>
>
> xvi.    LB Kids
>
>
>
> xvii.   Poppy
>
>
>
> xviii. Yen Press
>
>
>
> [Notable authors include David Baldacci, David Sedaris,
> Michael Connelly, James Patterson, Nelson DeMille, Stephanie
> Meyer, Anita Shreve, Alice Sebold,
>
> Lou Dobbs, Jennie Fields, Robert Kiyosaki, Rick Moody,
> Sidney Sheldon, Nicholas Sparks, Jon Stewart and the writers
> of Comedy Central's The Daily Show,
>
> Stephen Colbert, and David Foster Wallace.]
>
>
>
> I add the list Carrie sends me of bestsellers that
> bookshare is working on to the being-scanned list. Also, at
> or near the bottom of the  list is a list
>
> of books that people have sent to bookshare for them to
> scan.
>
>
>
> Cindy
>
>
>
> Wish List (i.e., books wanted added to the collection) and
> books-being-scanned list available at sites below
>
>
>
> Wish List:
> https://wiki.benetech.org/display/BSO/Bookshare+Wish+List
>
>
>
> Books Being Scanned List:
> https://wiki.benetech.org/display/BSO/Books+Being+Scanned+List
>
>
>
> --- On Tue, 6/16/09, Amber Wallenstein
> <amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>
>
> > From: Amber Wallenstein
> <amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx>
>

> > Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Books By Publisher
>
> > To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> > Date: Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 5:21 PM
>
> > I know bookshare will be receiving
>
> > books from many publishers.  Is there any way we the
>
> > volunteers can get lists of books being submitted by
>
> > publishers or those being worked on in-house so
> efforts are
>
> > not duplicated?
>
> > Amber
>
> > Book blog:
>
> > http://community.livejournal.com/book_cuddler/
>
> > I have accepted a seat in the House of
> Representatives, and
>
> > thereby have consented to my own ruin, to your ruin,
> and to
>
> > the ruin of our children. I give
>
> > you this warning that you may prepare your mind for
> your
>
> > fate.
>
> > John Adams
>
> > E-Mail: amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx
>
> >
>
> > To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email to
>
> > bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> > put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the
> subject
>
> > line.  To get a list of available commands, put the
>
> > word 'help' by itself in the subject line.
>
> >
>
> >
>
>
>
>      
>
> To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email to
>
> bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject
> line.  To get a list of available commands, put the word
> 'help' by itself in the subject line.
>
>
>
> **************
>
> Download the AOL Classifieds Toolbar for local deals at
> your fingertips.
>
(http://toolbar.aol.com/aolclassifieds/download.html?ncid=emlcntusdown00000004)
>
>
>
>
> block quote end
>
>
>
> 
>
>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
>
> This e-mail and any attachments to it are confidential and
> are intended solely for use of the individual or entity to
> whom they are addressed. If you have
>
> received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender
> immediately and then delete it. If you are not the intended
> recipient, you must not keep, use,
>
> disclose, copy or distribute this e-mail without the
> author's prior permission. The views expressed in this
> e-mail message do not necessarily represent
>
> the views of Highmark Inc., its subsidiaries, or
> affiliates.
>
>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
>
> This e-mail and any attachments to it are confidential and
> are intended solely for use of the individual or entity to
> whom they are addressed. If you have
>
> received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender
> immediately and then delete it. If you are not the intended
> recipient, you must not keep, use,
>
> disclose, copy or distribute this e-mail without the
> author's prior permission. The views expressed in this
> e-mail message do not necessarily represent
>
> the views of Highmark Inc., its subsidiaries, or
> affiliates.
>
>
>
>
> **************
> Download the AOL Classifieds Toolbar for local deals at
> your fingertips.
>
(http://toolbar.aol.com/aolclassifieds/download.html?ncid=emlcntusdown00000004)
>

     
To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email to
bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject line.  To get a list of
available commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the subject line.



**************
Download the AOL Classifieds Toolbar for local deals at your
fingertips.
(http://toolbar.aol.com/aolclassifieds/download.html?ncid=emlcntusdown00000004)

Other related posts: